INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS
- An abstract of the work should be submitted prior to the submission of the full paper.
- Papers should be written in English.
- Abstract and manuscripts should be formatted according to the instructions given below.
- The manuscript should be typed single-spaced on A4 papers with following page setup: Margins: left 1.5", right 1", top1", bottom 1”, header 1", footer 0.5”. Font: Times New Roman. Pages should be numbered in sequence, starting from the title page, at the bottom middle.
- The manuscript should be arranged in the following order: Title (including name of Author/s and Affiliation), Abstract (maximum 250 words), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgements and References. The results and discussion could be combined if so desired. Tables, figures etc. should be clearly drawn with captions. Photographs, if any, should be used only if they are essential to explain the results.
- The format to be used is as follows:
Tables and figures with captions should be inserted in the typed text where appropriate. They should be numbered in the order of appearance in the text (eg. Table 1,Figure 1). All the tables and figures should be cited in the text and data presented in tables or figures should not be repeated in the text.
The graphs drawn in the MS XL program are preferable.
Colour photographs are acceptable and they should be of good contrast and intensity.
The references should be arranged alphabetically. In the text reference should be to author/s name (without initials) and year of publication.
- Title - Bold
- All headings should be in Bold, CAPITALS
(eg. ABSTRACT, CONCLUSIONS)
- All sub-headings should be in bold, simple letters except the 1stletter of the 1stword.
- All sub-sub-headings should be in simple letters except the 1stletter of the1stword
- All non-English and technical terms should be underlined or in italics.
(eg. et al., viz., etc.)
- All units, dimensions, terms, symbols, abbreviations, etc., should be presented as recommended by the Systeme International d’Unites (SI).
eg. Santiapillai, C., Chambers, M.R. and Ishwaran, N., (1984). Aspects of the Ecology of the Asian Elephant Elephas maximus L. in the Ruhuna National Park, Sri Lanka. Biological Conservation. 29: 47-61.
If reference is made in the text to a publication by 3 or more authors, the name of the first author should be used, followed by 'et al.'.
Papers not formatted according the instructions given or sent after the deadlines will not be accepted.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS
SUBMISSION PREPARATION CHECKLIST
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.